Layout: Currently using Castform Sunrise
| Switch to Winter Stars
The Pokémon Peninsula - Trivia and Weird Facts
The Pokémon Peninsula >
Trivia and Weird Facts
My brain always seems to be full of inane and
useless Pokéfacts, so I figured I might as well put them down here. If
you have more (since they all sit in the back of my brain until I dredge
them up), just send them in! XD
- Poliwag's swirl goes anticlockwise, but when it evolves into
Poliwhirl the swirl changes direction!
- All the Professors are named after trees or plants - Oak, Elm,
- Charmander and its evolutions will die if the flames on the end of
their tails go out, so be careful when you're giving your little
Charchar a bath XD.
- Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are named after famous martial-arts movie
stars, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan.
- Chikorita can check humidity and temperature of the air using the
leaf on its head.
- Hoothoot has a perfect sense of time, so it'd make a good drummer
in a Pokémon rock band! Although it might be hard to handle
drumsticks with wings.
- Noctowl can rotate its head all the way around! By rotating 180
degrees, it gets smarter.
- Girafarig's tail has its own brain. o_O I guess that's what you'd
call a split personality. Since it uses smell to detect intruders,
sometimes it bites itself in the dark! You'd think it would
recognise its own smell.
- Quagsire bumps its head a lot when it swims, but being the relaxed
Pokémon it is it doesn't really mind.
- You can be hypnotised just by staring at Stantler's antlers.
- Mareep and Flaaffy store electricity in their fleece, so if you
touch them you'll probably be quite shocked!
- Bellossom's dance is a ritual to summon the sun. I wonder if the
sun would stop shining if you stopped every Bellossom dancing.
- The ball on the end of Marill's tail floats because it contains
oil that is lighter than water, so it's like a buoy.
- The strongest Pokémon attack of all (according to the TV show,
anyway) is Heracross's Metal Horn.